Home > PA State Routes
Pennsylvania State Routes (including US and
An in-depth look at Pennsylvania's state highways, crossings, multiplexes,
and numbering systems
Current Routes · A quick index to junction lists, multiplexes,
and location of current routes:
The Pennsylvania State Route Numbering
Historic and Current Routes Since 1928 · Routes 1-799
are grouped by families (e.g., see 46 for routes 46, 146, 246, ...,
746), while Routes 800-999 are arranged in sequential order (i.e., 800,
801, 802, ..., 999):
Junction Lists · Intersection, interchange, multiplex,
and web link listings for currently signed routes:
Route Types · Miscellaneous classifications of routes:
Bannered, suffixed, duplicated, and secret routes:
Sources and Links
Cram's Official Paved Road Map of East Central States. From
Harold Cramer's Maps
of PA web site.
Clason Touring Map of Ohio and Pennsylvania. From Harold Cramer's
Maps of PA web site.
- 1929 Pennsylvania
Road Map from Pennsylvania Highways, a travel magazine
published by the Pennsylvania Department of Highways. From Bruce
of Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Pittsburgh web site.
- 1963 Allegheny
County Map from a 1963 Gulf Pittsburgh Tour Guide. From Adam
Pennsylvania Roads Project.
- Various Esso Road Maps of Pennsylvania: 1940, 1951, 1953, 1955,
1959, 1960, 1969
- Various Shell Road Maps of Pennsylvania: 1938
- Various Sunoco Road Maps of Pennsylvania: ~1934, 1937, 1949, 1969-70
- Various PennDOT Official Transportation Maps: 1934, 1941, 1976,
1987, 1993, 2000, 2002.
- PennDOT County Type 10 Maps: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Ohio Department of Transportation Online
Archive of Maps, 1912-2001.
- Various current and historic topographical maps available at the
TerraServer and MapTech.
- David Brunot
- Douglas Kerr
- Jeff Kitsko
- Adam Prince